Marina Bay Literary Walking Tour
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Time: 10am to 11.30pm
Venue: City Hall MRT Station, Entrance A (Raffles City Shopping Centre)
Join us on an exploration of the iconic Marina Bay area, where the lustre of the skyscrapers twinkle with infinite possibilites, where the humdrum beats of Raffles Place laced with the tingling chips of the casino reach a crescendo…
Only to screech to a jolting stop.
Hazardous hazes, burning bushfires, Boris Brexits, nefarious nCoV, Donald Trumps — you think you’ve seen it all. But now imagine a Singapore plunged into near-total devastation, ravished by a massive geomagnetic storm, where Fusionopolis is now the new high-tech base of a secret society conglomerate that has taken control of the island. Their server, and salvation for those who know how, lies just beneath the Gardens by the Bay.
We meet Greg Lin midway through his arduous journey through the ravaged MRT lines to find his son, who had been kidnapped for experimentation. Along the way, he joins forces with a rebel computer cult who seeks to find the last of the world’s data in a desperate bid to rebuild society. Together with the remnants of the Singapore Armed Forces, Greg storms the triad’s secret facility at Marina Bay in an explosive climax where he makes a staggering discovery.
Developed by HJ Pang, engineer-by-training and author of The Last Server, this trail is organised by the good folks of Marshall Cavendish as part of the #BuySingLit 2020 national movement to “Buy Local, Read Our World”, supported by the National Arts Council.
- Starting point: City Hall MRT Station, Entrance A (Raffles City Shopping Centre)
- Route: Citylink*, Esplanade*, Singapore Flyer, Youth Olympic Park, Helix Bridge, Marina Bay Sands and Shoppes*, Gardens by the Bay* (* denotes rest stops, with toilets and watercoolers)
- Ending point: Gardens by the Bay, Lift C
- Registration is required for this walking tour.
- This tour is limited to 40 pax.
- Walk-ins are accepted only at the beginning of the tour, if places are available.
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket as proof of registration.
- As this is a walking tour, please dress in comfortable clothing and walking shoes, and bring an umbrella/raincoat in the event of wet weather.
- Parents/guardians must accompany any child under the age of 12.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will begin on time, and late participants may not be able to join the tour.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- Photographs might be taken for marketing and publicity purposes.
- For cancellation of tickets or any other queries, please write in to us at email@example.com with your name and subject line, “Marina Bay Literary Walking Tour”
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather, and all participants are advised to bring an umbrella/raincoat in case.
- The tour may, however, be cancelled due to inclement weather (hazardous haze, flooding) or due to other unforeseen circumstances (nCoV reaching DORSCON Red status) affecting the tour
- The event description was updated. Diff#528676 2020-02-27 11:00:15
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
General FULL Waiting List FULL Waiting List FULL
- Venue Address
- 252 North Bridge Road Singapore